12/8/20206.1: Bug fixes and stability improvements
- [Premium] Support for the latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 13.1 release; The full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements
10/20/20206.0: Color Grading, Auto Versions, Graphical Watermarks, and more
- Color Grading: Try our new tool for creative control of midtones, highlights, and shadows with a powerful new interface
- Auto Versions: Lr will now automatically create versions, saving the state of your edits, so that you can return to specific editing points, enabling you to experiment with total peace of mind
- Graphical Watermarks: In addition to text-based watermarks, you can now import your own graphical watermark to add a personal touch to your digital signature; Premium members have their graphical watermarks saved and synced across devices
- Learn and Discover Feed: Find newly curated content catered to your photo goals and interests
- Follow Authors: Start following your favorite photographers to get quick access to their tutorials and edits, for learning and inspiration
- Auto Add: Customize auto add watchlist and limit auto add to certain folders
- [Premium] Best Photos: Save time organizing your photos by using the power of AI to suggest the best photos in your album
- [Premium] Support for the latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 13.0 release (the full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras)
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
8/17/20205.4 / 5.4.1: New languages - Polish and Vietnamese, and Bug Fixes
- Vietnamese and Polish language support: Xin chào to our Vietnamese speakers and dzień dobry to our Polish speakers!
- Fixed an issue with ‘Lightroom mobile’ captured images not syncing to ‘Lightroom Classic’
- [Premium] Support for the latest cameras and lenses found in Adobe Camera Raw 12.4 release (the full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras)
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements
6/15/20205.3 / 5.3.1: Versions, Local Hue Adjustments and Share Edits
- Versions: Experiment with different edit variations of an image and easily compare them without creating multiple copies
- Watermark Improvements: Improved functionality, and ability to sync watermark settings across Lightroom clients (desktop, mobile and web)
- New Navigation: Moved main menu bar to the bottom, and separated Learn and Discover sections for easy access
- Shared Albums: Viewers and contributors can like or comment on photos
- Notifications: Receive a notification when someone likes or comments on a photo in any of your shared albums
- [Premium] Local hue adjustments: Make subtle or dramatic hue changes using the Adjustment Brush, Graduated Filter, and Radial Filter
- [Premium] Share Edits: Share your best photos and their edits to the Lightroom Discover section, to connect, inspire, and teach other people who love photography as much as you do
- [Premium] Raw Defaults: Specify the default settings that you want Lightroom to use, for all raw photos you import
- [Premium] Improved results when searching for “cat” or “dog”
- [Premium] Support for the latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 12.3 release (the full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras)
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
2/10/20205.2 / 5.2.1 / 5.2.2: Import Presets, General Interface Polish and Bug Fixes
- Import Presets: Import presets saved to your device or from connected online services such as Google Drive
- Improved browsing experience for Inspiring Edits
- Improved playback of Interactive Tutorials
- [Premium] Support for the latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 12.2.1 release; Full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras
12/9/20195.1: Improved Shared Albums and Tutorial Author Pages
- Tutorial Author Pages: Tapping on a tutorial author’s avatar takes you to author’s page, where you can find more information about the author and see full list of that author’s tutorials and posts
- Improved Shared Albums: Anyone can now add photos to a shared album that they have access to, from their Android or ChromeOS device, even without a paid membership
- [Premium] Support for the latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 12.1 release (the full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras)
11/4/20195.0: Contextual Help, Advanced Export Options, and Improved Tutorials
- Contextual Help: Learn more about the editing tools at any time with the new built-in help; Tap on the new ’?’ icon at the top of app’s interface while editing a photo, to see examples of that tool, how to find it, and learn about related tools
- Advanced Export Options: Now Export can be found under the share icon, along with other options such as Save to Device; Selecting the Share > Export option now lets you select the file type (such as JPG, DNG, TIF or original), resolution, compression options, watermark, file name, output sharpening, and color space
- Expanded Interactive Tutorials: Specific tutorials now include the Radial Gradient and Spot Healing Brush, providing even more engaging and empowering content
- [Premium] Improved Search: Search by contributor by typing ‘contributors:’ and picking from the list of people that contributed photos to your shared albums
- [Premium] Support for the latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 12.0 release (the full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras)
8/12/20194.4 / 4.4.1 / 4.4.2 : Recover deleted photos, import and playback video, and batch edit metadata
- Recover Deleted Photos: Deleted photos now go to a Deleted album where you can recover them for up to 60 days
- Import and playback videos
- Additional Search Facets: You can now search for photos shot with a specific focal length, for raw, HDR, or pano photo types, and for images that include a depth map; To use, start typing “focal length:”, “type:” or “depth map:” and the search auto-complete will let you pick from the available options in your catalog
- Improvements to ChromeOS and tablet experiences, including support of interactive tutorials
- [Premium] New Activity View: See all comments and likes made to photos that were shared through Lightroom shares
- Batch metadata editing: Change the title, caption, copyright, star rating and/or flag status for multiple photos at once
- ACR Integration: Support for latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 11.4.1 release (the full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras)
5/13/20194.3 / 4.3.1: Interactive Tutorials, Texture, Group Albums, and Batch Editing
- Interactive Tutorials: Found within the new ’Home’ section, interactive tutorials provide an easy way to learn a wide variety of editing techniques for free, while working within the app; Access tutorials from various professional photographers and photo educators, and apply step-by-step edits, right within Lightroom; More tutorials and authors are being added all the time
- Inspirational Photos: Found within the new ’Home’ section, browse through different categories of photos, tap to open and see how the photo was edited, step-by-step
- Texture: Accentuate or smooth medium sized details such as skin, bark and hair, with the new Texture slider available in the Effects section, Local Adjustment Brush, Radial Filter, and Graduated Filter
- [Premium] Group Albums: Invite friends, families, co-workers, and others to add their photos to your albums
- [Premium] Batch Editing: Easily apply the same adjustments to multiple images, with batch editing, by copying edits from one photo and pasting to a series of similar photos
- ACR Integration: Support for latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 11.3 release (the full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras)
- Turkish and Indonesian Language Support: Halo to our friends in Indonesia and Merhaba to our Turkish friends!
2/11/20194.2 / 4.2.1 / 4.2.2: User Interface Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Increased quality of image while moving editing sliders
- Fixed an issue that blocked the app while connecting to external storage devices
- Fixed a bug in which some metadata was not included in exported photos
- Fixed a bug that caused some presets to be hidden
- ACR Integration: Support for latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 11.2.1 release (the full list of supported cameras and lenses can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras)
12/10/20184.1 / 4.1.1 : Shared Tab and Ad-hoc Shares
- New Shared Albums Tab (premium feature): In addition to the Library Tab, you can now access all of the photos and albums you’ve shared to lightroom.adobe.com via the Shared Albums Tab
- Ad-hoc photo shares (premium feature): We’ve introduced the ability to create an ad-hoc collection of images; Now you can select a few photos, navigate to the three-dot menu at the top-right, and select Share to Web to create a new share online of only those photos; You can control whether the people, with whom you share that link, can download or see the photos’ metadata
- Wired ethernet support: You can now access the internet via wired ethernet, a feature often requested for running Lightroom Android on ChromeOS
- ACR integration: Support for latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 11.1 release (the full list of cameras and lenses supported by Lightroom can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras)
10/15/20184.0: People View, Recommended Search Results, and Improved Processing Results
- People View: Quickly find the people you care about, with the Adobe Sensei-powered People View; Lightroom CC automatically tags people in photos and provides you with an easy way to see all of the photos that a person appears in
- Search Improvements: Now search suggestions are presented as you start typing, recommending things like cameras, lenses, shutter speeds, apertures, ISO’s, keywords, locations and more
- Improved high-ISO rendering: Raw processing has been further improved to render low-light, high-ISO shots with more natural color
- Additional Sharing Options for Share to Web: You can now choose to only share images that are flagged or with a certain star rating or higher, while controlling the display theme, directly from within Lightroom CC on Android
- New Guided Tutorials: First Time Adjustments, Target Adjustment Tool and Guided Upright
- Improved quality of HDR captures
- ACR integration: Support for latest cameras and lenses found in the Adobe Camera Raw 11 release; The full list of cameras and lenses supported by Lightroom can be found here
- Fixed an issue that caused the app to crash
- Fixed an issue where all edits were not copied, resulting in the pasted settings to not match the source photo
8/29/20183.6 : Lens profile control, HEIC file format support, Best Photos tech preview and more
- Improvements to Optics tab: You can now reduce chromatic aberrations (CA) and manually select from one of the more than 1,200 Adobe-created lens profiles
- Support for HEIC (HEIF) image format
- Pause and resume synchronization within the cloud status tab
- Removed 15 photo max limit, on photo export
- New Technology Preview: Best Photos - Uses Adobe Sensei smarts to select the photos with the highest potential, quickly and easily
- New Guided Tutorial: Watermark
- Enhanced profile management:
- Ability to Move Presets
- Improvements to create presets: Create preset with Auto Settings and option to select Only Modified Settings
6/18/20183.5 / 3.5.1 / 3.5.2 : Presets and Profiles Sync, Healing Brush, Guided Tutorials, and more
- Sync Presets & Profiles: Take your presets and profiles with you, wherever you go
- Create & Manage Presets: Create your own custom presets to easily save your favorite edits
- Healing Brush: Correct blemishes or remove distracting objects from your photos
- Guided Tutorials (Phone only): Step-by-step guides for how to use Lightroom CC
- Expanded HDR Support Technology Preview: Enable the HDR capture mode on compatible devices that have not yet been officially tested and verified
- What’s New Dialog: Access a chronological list of fixes and improvements
- Sort by Star Rating: New sort methodology, enabling you to sort your photos by the number of stars
- Notable Bug Fixes:
- Import from Dropbox not working on Android M and previous
- Foreground service crash on Android O
- DNGs from LG devices have color spreading
- ”Failed to load development version” message appears on Arabic language devices
- SD card not detected on lollipop device
- Images cannot be imported when downloaded from WhatsApp
- Blank screen appears for a long time after launching the app
4/3/20183.4: Raw Profiles, Creative Profiles, Details, and more.
- Profiles tab: Control color and tonality with profiles. Select one of the 7 brand-new Adobe Raw profiles for a precise foundation, one of the available Camera Matching profiles to match the look and feel of your camera, or, for both raw and non-raw photos, use one of the 40 brand-new Creative Profiles to add a unique style.
- Grain: Found within the Effects tab, introduces the ability to add photographic film grain with control over the amount, size, and roughness.
- Details tab: Full control over sharpening and noise reduction to control the details of any photo.
- Enhanced control over Lightroom CC Web shares, providing the ability to enable downloads, showing metadata, and location information on shares made to lightroom.adobe.com.
- ACR 10.3 integration
- Bugs fixes
2/12/20183.3: Geometry Tab, Watermarks, Google Assistant and more.
- Geometry tab including Upright, Guided Upright & Geometry sliders—Capture the perfect perspective with tools that make it easy to straighten skewed horizontal and vertical lines—including in photos where the horizon is hidden (premium feature).
- Add watermarks during export.
- Use “Search Mountains in Lightroom CC” within Google Assistant to launch Lightroom & find matching photos (requires Android Marshmallow or later).
- Add photos to Lightroom from your favorite apps that support share capability.
12/11/20173.2: Auto Settings, App Shortcuts and more.
- New Auto Settings: Auto has been completely reworked to create better results every time. Using an advanced neural network powered by Adobe Sensei, the new Auto Settings creates a better photo.
- App Shortcuts: For Android Nougat and later devices, tap and hold on the app icon to quickly launch the app into popular modes.
- More control for managing storage.
- Resolved an issue that prevented some Huawei customers from importing images.
- Bug fixes and speed improvements
10/18/20173.1: Selective Brush, Hierarchical Collections and Keywords in Search
- Optimized for the new Google Pixelbook.
- HDR support for Samsung Note 8 and One Plus 5.
- Bug fixes and speed improvements.
- Selective Brush – Selectively paint in enhancements to any part of your image.
- Intelligent Search - Adobe Sensei identifies objects in your images and automatically adds searchable keywords.
- Hierarchical Collections – Nested levels help create even more organized albums.
- Keywords – Improvements to search for specific keyword tags.
7/31/20173.0.1: Android O and Bug Fixes
We’ve received tons of great feedback on the latest version of Lightroom for Android that we’ve used to squash a ton of bugs. Please keep the feedback coming!
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash for some users running Android O.
- Fixed a variety of issues that resulted in general stability and speed improvements.
7/18/20173.0: Brand New Android-Native Interface, ACR Support and more.
We’re fully Android-native! Take a look at the user interface that has been designed from the ground up!
- Support for latest cameras and lenses found in the ACR 9.12 release (the full list of cameras and lenses supported by Lightroom can be found at http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras).
- General stability improvements